Get your kale in homemade soup
Kale is all the rage (for good reason) and nothing says comfort food like homemade soup, right? So why not get your green in the old fashioned way. It’s a recipe that doesn’t require a lot of work, is light on the wallet, the waistline and still packed full of flavor. Made with just the handful of all-organic ingredients – fresh kale, lentils, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon and vegetable stock – it not only tastes great but leaves you full and satisfied.
The recipe breaks down like this:
1) Bring 6 cups of water, 2 cups organic vegetable stock and 1 1/2 cups of thoroughly rinsed organic lentils, to a boil.
2) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3) Add 2 cups of chopped onion, 3 chopped cloves of garlic, 1 bunch of chopped kale, 1 tsp. vegetable broth powder, salt and pepper to taste.
4) Simmer another 30 minutes.
5) Add 1/2 cup chopped parsley and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice. Cook about 10-15 minutes more.
It makes a great vegetarian/vegan meal, as a side, for leftovers and meat lovers can always add lean organic chicken, beef or lamb. The soup also works well as an appetizer at large gatherings served in small festive cups.