Kale is all the rage (for good reason) and nothing says comfort food like homemade soup, right? So why not get your green in the old fashioned way. It’s a recipe that doesn’t require a lot of work, is light on the wallet, the waistline and still packed full of flavor. Made with just the handful of all-organic ingredients – fresh kale, lentils, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon and vegetable stock – it not only tastes great but leaves you full and satisfied.
The recipe breaks down like this:
1) Bring 6 cups of water, 2 cups organic vegetable stock and 1 1/2 cups of thoroughly rinsed organic lentils, to a boil.
2) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3) Add 2 cups of chopped onion, 3 chopped cloves of garlic, 1 bunch of chopped kale, 1 tsp. vegetable broth powder, salt and pepper to taste.
4) Simmer another 30 minutes.
5) Add 1/2 cup chopped parsley and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice. Cook about 10-15 minutes more.
It makes a great vegetarian/vegan meal, as a side, for leftovers and meat lovers can always add lean organic chicken, beef or lamb. The soup also works well as an appetizer at large gatherings served in small festive cups.